Friday, September 25, 2009

Definitely the arctic!!!

Ok, so it's been pretty chilly here lately, usually hovering around 1 or 2 degrees for the last week. I snapped this photo yesterday on my way to work (across the gully!). There's been snow on the ground a few times, but it has always melted during the day. Until today, that is. Iqaluit is in the middle of a full-on blizzard right now!!! It started around noon, and just keeps building - enough that I was wishing I had my winter boots on for the walk home! September 25th and I'm wading through snow drifts. Yep.....definitely the arctic.

2 comments:

  1. Glad it's you and not me! Are you sure you're gonna stay the winter, I'm sure our winters aren't that bad in comparison. You can keep me company as well, pretty bored these days. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That looks chilly and February is still a loooong way off! You gotta do some cookin' for us all when you get back...Mmmm gotta get me some raw...
    oh yeah - bought a ticket for SEA today! My February will be a bit warmer.

    ReplyDelete