Thursday, September 17, 2009

Definitely not the arctic!

I've been back in Iqaluit for a few weeks now, but I still keep dreaming of the lush, humid forests of Vancouver Island.....especially since I woke up to snow on the ground yesterday morning!! It melted by mid-morning, and was quite pretty while it lasted, but I'm more than happy to wait a few more weeks before it's here for good.

I just learned that I will be travelling to one of the other communites to do portable ultrasound service, and I'm really excited about it. I will be going to Pond Inlet, which is on the northern end of Baffin Island. It is apparently one of the most beautiful places to go, but I'm not sure that I'm going at a great time of the year - in between the 24-hour sunlit days, and the pretty blankets of snow. I'm sure I will enjoy it, whatever the weather is like....I think it will be amazing to be so far north.

1 comment:

  1. my friend - you can always go to bc. go as far as you can for as long as you can! love reading your blog. miss ya! ty

    ReplyDelete