Monday, December 7, 2009

A weekend on ice


I roped a few friends into curling in a bonspiel this weekend - they are all new to curling, and they all did great! We finished with a 0-4 record, but I think we had the most fun out of all the teams! I've also been curling in a regular league on Thursday nights. It's really casual, and people often switch teams so that everyone has enough people to play a game - lots of fun, and a great way to meet people.

I also went skating at the arena on Sunday, something I haven't done in well over a decade. I managed to avoid falling on my butt, so I consider it a success! It was just like I remember public skating to be like, right down to the tinny music coming out of the loudspeakers!! Unfortunately I haven't magically gained the ability to stop myself on skates....oh well, maybe in another 15 years.


Last weekend some of us got all dressed up and went out for dinner. It's not often an opportunity arises to put on a dress, so it we made the most of it!

Just a quick mention...as I am writing this it is -42 degrees with the windchill outside!!!

1 comment: