Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New hobby


I don't think I've mentioned in my ramblings before, but I bought a guitar a few months after I moved here. I thought I would probably have plenty of spare time to try to learn something new, and while the spare time is sometimes mysteriously hard to come by, I have definitely made some progress! I have had absolutely no musical experience in the past so it has been a pretty slow process, but I am still having a lot of fun with it. I've been using books, the internet, and random tips from friends to try to piece things together and it's pretty rewarding to be able to play a recognizable tune.

I might be jinxing it, but I have to say that the winter up here hasn't been that bad so far. We've had some cold snaps, but so has the rest of Canada, from what I hear! No 'snow days' at the hospital yet, which is apparently unusual. I thought there would be many days of being huddled in my apartment, unable to make it to the grocery store or a friend's house - not so!! Maybe I'd be a rock star by now, if that was the case....

2 comments: