Monday, March 22, 2010

Cruisin'

I have been cruising the 12 kilometers of roadways in Iqaluit since I purchased a vehicle recently. I am the proud owner of a '94 Suzuki Sidekick - and let me tell you, it's pretty sweet!! It has a lot of quirks - neither of the doors close properly, the passenger door lock only works a portion of the time, it has a tape player (which I've yet to test out), it makes some really interesting noises at times...the list goes on and on! But, I have had absolutely no trouble starting it, even when the temperature drops below -40. So as long as the motor is good, I consider the rest 'personality'. Anyone who used to ride in the Ranger with me knows I have a soft spot for vehicles with personality!!

You might be thinking "Why does she need a vehicle when there's only 12 km of roads?". I still walk a lot of the time, but when the wind blows or I need a few extra groceries having the option to drive is awesome! I'm also looking forward to the summer when I can drive out to the park and start hiking from there, as opposed to walking for a half hour through town before getting to where I really want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment