Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A year in the life of....me!!


I recently celebrated my one year anniversary of being in Iqaluit. I gathered a bunch of wood (scraps from construction sites, as there are no trees!!) and, with the help of some friends, had a big bonfire!! It was a really fun evening, and a friend even took a short video and put in on YouTube!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok3i4J22T-I

All in all, I can't believe I've been here for a year already. It has really flown by - lots of work and lots of play. Going through some of my first posts on this blog, it really doesn't seem that long ago that I was marveling at all of the unfamiliar, unique and frustrating ways of life up here. While I do lament how far away from family and friends I am, I do not regret coming here. It has been an incredible adventure so far...

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it has been a year! Looks like a great celebration!

    ReplyDelete