Saturday, July 24, 2010

22 kids and counting...

For the last couple weeks I've been looking after some sled dogs....17 adults and 5 puppies!! It has quickly become my favorite part of the day, going out to feed them, check on them, and pet them. They recognize me when I arrive and are always very vocal in letting me know they're excited to see me. (That may have something to do with the fact that they know that I'm the one that feeds them!!) They all have their own personalities, and it's fun to get to know each one of them and figure out how best to handle them.

This is Udlu as she is patiently waiting to eat while four of the puppies are exploring her food bowl. They are still too small to eat the kibble, but they sure find it interesting to push around with their noses! A few minutes later she finally nudged them out of the way.

This little guy is my favorite of the puppies so far. He's very adventurous and was the first one to approach me on his own and climb into my lap.

You can see quite a few of them in this photo, with Woody at the front.

Goofy

Big Wheel

No comments:

Post a Comment