Monday, April 13, 2009

Lazy Easter weekend



So, I've been on call for 6 days now, and have only been called in twice - not too bad. I've relaxed about it a bit more now too....I no longer feel the need to carry my phone with me from room to room in my tiny one bedroom apartment. I'm confident I will hear it ring even if it's in the bedroom and I'm ALL THE WAY in the kitchen!!

I went to check out what movies were playing in the theater, called the Astro Theater, only to see signs that say "The Astro is closed". At this point I'm wondering: Closed for the night? Closed forever? Closed while whoever's working goes to have a cigarette? Around here, all of those are completely plausible answers. It turns out that the guy who runs the theater had to fly to Ottawa for medical reasons and no one wanted to take over while he's gone. How's that for 'small town' ?!! So.....the word is that it should reopen in two weeks, but no one knows for sure. I'm just happy that I have my own supply of popcorn, or this could have been disasterous!

The picture is the sign for the Caribrew Cafe, which is in my apartment complex. There is also the theater, a bar, a convenience store (it's only open until 6pm, which I don't find very convenient), a hotel with a restaurant, a sporting goods store, a swimming pool (the only one in town), and a pharmacy. Even though nothing in town is really far away, it's still nice to be able to go to these places without bundling up to go outside!

Toonik Tyme starts on Wednesday so I'm hoping to be able to see some really unique stuff. I've heard that it can be confusing to find out where things are being held, and at what time.....wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Is that a Fluffy the Caribrew is having?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan prince here. U have noticed that dropping comments is definitely a good way to make some new online friends. These are some photos you too. And also your blog contained good contents. I run a blog at www.prince-mlmeducationblog.com which I recently started. Great to know you and I look forward to knowing more about your articles. stay in touch

    ReplyDelete