Sunday, April 19, 2009

Toonik Tyme














My first Toonik Tyme is almost over, and even though I didn't get to see the igloo building (I was ice golfing) and the seal skinning was cancelled (it was too windy for the hunters) I still had fun. During the ice golf my team skipped two holes to hang out in an igloo and drink hot chocolate. It was -34 so we thought it was a great idea!! A few tips for if you ever find yourself golfing on ice: you need to account for a BIG bounce when you're chipping, the greens are REALLY fast, and just forget about the drivers....they don't work!!

I've also seen ski-doo races, a craft fair, ice sculptures, dogsled races and para-skiing. I've picked up a few tips now, so if I'm around next spring, I'll be Toonik-savvy!

Aside from the festivities, I'm still moving the furniture around in the apartment!! I'm trying to find a configuration that I like, that also works for hanging pictures....that's my new goal: get pictures on the walls. I have a few things I'd like to frame too, but frames are insanely expensive here. I know that I should just cut my losses and buy some, but I can't quite bring myself to give in to that yet!! Any bets on how long it takes me to break?!?

1 comment:

  1. Lauren and Alex want to know if you can build them one of these now? :-)

    ReplyDelete